The biggest water user in the home is the toilet. Up to 35% of the water used indoors is flushed down the drain every day. Newnan Utilities offers customers an incentive to conserve water within their home. Customers shall be eligible to receive a rebate on their utility bill for each toilet they replace that meets the following criteria.
- The new toilet shall be installed in a residential home built in 1993 or earlier and replacing an older toilet using 3.5 gallons per flush (gpf) or greater
- There is a limit of three (3) toilet rebates per property (including previous owners).
- The new toilet installed shall be an Ultra High Efficient Toilet (UHET) using 1.1 gpf or less, which have earned the Water Sense Label.
- The customer applying for the rebate shall be the owner of the residence
- The customer applying for the rebate shall be a current customer of Newnan Utilities
- The customer applying for the rebate must be current on their utility bill
- The application is available here, and at the Newnan Utilities Customer Service location at 70 Sewell Rd
- The customer shall include a valid receipt for the toilet (s) installed when submitting the application
- The application shall be submitted at 70 Sewell Rd
- It is the customer’s responsibility to have the toilet installed, not Newnan Utilities
- The customer shall agree to allow Newnan Utilities Employees to enter residence to confirm toilet(s) installation